Stakeholder involvement makes for a strong school, and positions it as an anchor in the community. We invite you to explore the opportunities to become involved.
We support Community Organizations by promoting events that benefit Gamble students and families. To list your Community Event, please contact us with your event details and contact information and we will share the news. — Thank you!
Local School Decision Making Committee
The LSDMC is the primary governing body for each school in the district. This committee gives insight and input into important decisions that greatly impact students' lives and shape their educational experiences.
The function of the LSDMCs includes:
- Adopting bylaws, including the school's mission and vision
- Setting measurable goals, based on a needs assessment
- Completing a mid-year and end-of-year progress report
- Making recommendations and approving the school budget
- Participating in the selection of the principal, when a vacancy exists
- Approving locally initiated changes in the school's program or focus
- Making recommendations to the principal regarding other school issues
- Seeking grants to support the school's programs (optional)
- Coordinating and overseeing the development of the school as a Community Learning Center
The committee is composed of parents, teachers, staff members, students and community members.